Reading Ladders

February 2019 

Rating System:

♦: I mean, its a book…

♦♦: Its alright…

♦♦♦: Pretty good book!

♦♦♦♦: Definitely a re-read, amazing!

♦♦♦♦♦: absolutely transformative

Pages read this month: 179

Pages read weekly: 45

Pages read daily: 6.3

See the source image

Einstein’s Dreams

By: Alan Lightman

Rating: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I was introduced to this book by a person very dear to me, and one night we were having quite a deep discussion regarding time and she mentioned how I would like this book. I’m not gonna lie this was a hard read at times, but this didn’t diminish the quality of the read. I’d say that the author had conveyed the different interpretations of time exceptionally. If you’re able to get over some dark concepts then this book is definitely for you.

I’d say my reading this month has been a little disappointing, I think I can do a lot better. For next month I want to bump up my pages read per day from 6 to 12. Its quite the jump, but I think its more than attainable if I take time to read every night as well as set aside time during the day.

The next book I’m going to undertake is Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy, a book I’ve heard great praise for. I’m quite excited about this read, it’s going to be a dramatic change to what I read earlier and I’m looking forward to the silliness that I’ve heard this book emanates.

March 2019 

Rating System:

♦: I mean, its a book…

♦♦: Its alright…

♦♦♦: Pretty good book!

♦♦♦♦: Definitely a re-read, amazing!

♦♦♦♦♦: absolutely transformative

Pages read this month: 250

Pages read weekly: 63

Pages read daily: 9

Image result for hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy book cover

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 

by Douglas Adams

Rating: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is truly a funny book. I’d say that the authors type of humor really sells the book and that the way it doesn’t take itself too seriously makes this book such a fun read. The absurdity and the mix with very deeply rooted problems with the human experience really made me laugh but most of all it made me think.
My reading this month has been a bit of a step in the right direction. If I really want to push myself for next month I’m going to have to read a lot more pages to see some real improvement and this is exactly what I plan to do.

The next book I plan to read is called All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I’ve read a bit from a bit earlier and I have a feeling I’m going to be blown off my feet with this one. I’ll keep in touch.

April 2019

Rating System:

♦: I mean, its a book…

♦♦: Its alright…

♦♦♦: Pretty good book!

♦♦♦♦: Definitely a re-read, amazing!

♦♦♦♦♦: absolutely transformative

pages read: 272

pages read weekly: 68

pages read daily: 10

See the source image

Prisoner B-3087

by Alan Gratz

Rating: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I know I said I’d read All the Light We Cannot See but since I’ve lost my copy I had to resort to a book that I could grab right off my shelf.

Prisoner B-3087 is a deeply saddening book that lets the reader look inside the experiences of Jews during the holocaust. The story is filled with tension and heart wrenching experiences that kept my eyes glued to the page and the terrifying moments throughout the book is bound to shock and disturb.

I think my reading is pretty consistent, but I am having a hard time to find other books that I might enjoy so its hard for me to get reading done. Because of this I want to make sure I keep consistency until i find some more books to read.

Expect to see some Franz Kafka in my future reading ladders.

May 2019

Rating System:

♦: I mean, its a book…

♦♦: Its alright…

♦♦♦: Pretty good book!

♦♦♦♦: Definitely a re-read, amazing!

♦♦♦♦♦: absolutely transformative

pages read this month: 122

pages read weekly: 31

pages read daily: 4

Image result for the metamorphosis

The Metamorphosis

by Franz Kafka

Rating: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ 

The Metamorphosis is a really short but really interesting read. I did Franz Kafka for my Writers Seminar and I have a whole new appreciation for his work. Ill be honest, getting through this book is a challenge, it gets boring at times and there are very few really intense moments but if you continue reading I promise that you will come out satisfied.

See the source image

The Hunger Artist

by Franz Kafka

Rating: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

The hunger artist is another great short story by Franz Kafka, its a quick and interesting read that id definitely recommend for roadtrips or even if you’re just bored! Its got an interesting story and a really good message behind it so I recommend it for a quick read.

And now for the hardest part of reading ladders. The reflection.

I’ve disappointed myself guys, I haven’t maintained that consistency and I have let it drop to the floor. The end of the year grind is ramping up so its going to be a hell of a lot harder to keep good reading habits. I’m going to try my hardest to balance studying with reading next month.

id like to finish “All The Lights We Cannot See” for the next reading ladder.

June 2019

Rating System:

♦: I mean, its a book…

♦♦: Its alright…

♦♦♦: Pretty good book!

♦♦♦♦: Definitely a re-read, amazing!

♦♦♦♦♦: absolutely transformative

pages read this month : 230

pages read weekly : 115

pages read daily : 14

Image result for all the light we cannot see pages

All The Light We Cannot See 

by Anthony Doerr

I haven’t managed to finish it but from what I’ve read this book Is absolutely amazing. Its got a plot that really makes you feel connected to the characters amazing story and really good pacing that keeps the reader interested.

I wasn’t able to get this book finished due to unseen circumstances and I was only able to et through 170 pages of the book, I managed to snag it somewhere else and I read 270 more pages and I love it.

this is some improvement from last reading ladder for sure. I’m still bummed out that I wasn’t able to complete this book but I’m glad I got more reading done than last time.